Sunday 20 September 2015

A Weekend In Kent

So two weeks ago (I think!) I went away to Margate with the family and this week I thought I would give you a little insight into the couple of days spent by the sea!

The Friday that we went away was at first like a normal day for all of us, parents at work and my brother and I at school. We drove down to Margate in the afternoon, Leaving at around 4 to get there at about 6:30. We stayed in an old Georgian House that had been split into three different apartments. Ours being at the very top with the best view of the beach on our doorstep! That night we walked around the sea front and went into a quiet pub for some dinner to then return home for a good nights rest!



On the Saturday we visited a theme park in Margate called "Dreamland". It was the first ever theme park in the UK and was built during the 1950's (I think!). The place was AMAZING! I have never visited a place so interesting. Although I am not a big fan of roller coasters or rides or anything like that the place was full of things to do, watch and see. There was an amazing high dive show, people dressed like they were in the 50's, and just an all round good, happy and exciting atmosphere! The place was simply so much fun with things to from ages small - BIG. If you're ever in the area of Margate I recommend the trip because it was such a fun day out!

The cutest and most colourful coffee cups ever! 

Deckchairs!
On the Sunday, Unfortunately it was time to return home however we took a visit to an art gallery in the morning which contained some rather strange pieces! There was an exhibition of professional artists work and then an exhibition for amateurs. The second exhibition was my favourite, The pieces of art done by people my age was really rather inspiring! We walked around the "lanes" of shops that were hidden away, ate lunch in the CUTEST cafe ever and then set off on the journey home!

I hope you enjoyed this mini (but quite big) recount of my weekend away but it was absolutely lovely for me to remember all the things I got up to with my wonderful family!

Until Next Time x  

No comments:

Post a Comment