Sunday 24 April 2016

Revision Tips & Tricks!

So, If you're like me then the main revision and exam period has begun. Exams are round the corner which means trying to cram in all the possible revision. If you're like me then revision is definitely not your favourite thing! This week I thought I would show you what has been working for me in the run up to exams!

1. COLOUR!
I have found that colour is really working for me. Highlighting bits of info, note certain topics in different colours, etc. Using colour makes it look nicer and makes your brain associate different colours with different topics.Try highlighters, different coloured pens and paper. Try to use colour - it makes the tedious revision slightly more enjoyable!

2. Revision guides!
Now, you may have the impression that revision guides are just books filled with writing and information. However I have found them incredibly helpful so far! For whichever subjects you are studying there will be a guide out there for you, most can be specified for your exam board so you know you're getting the right info. They have quizzes, key facts, vocabulary explanations and pictures. They are great at narrowing down the main information you are going to need in your exam! The best to find them? Amazon!

3. A Revision Timetable!
You may have just read that and thought "lame". However, having a timetable allows you to organise your time and see what you need to do. I have included my school timetable in mine - so if I have had double history at school I will probably avoid history revision at home. A timetable allows you to put in slots for relaxing - this is very important! Also I have put in time were I have scheduled other things, such as my drama group on a Saturday.

4. Index Cards!
I have started to use index cards and am loving them. They allow you to narrow down small pieces of information on to a card, then I might stick them on the wall or flick through them each day to get the information in my head. You could put key dates, key vocabulary and key figures. Small pieces of information which will be really useful to you in your exam.

5. "YOU" Time
This is so important during your exam period! You should set aside time for yourself, maybe to watch a film, listen to some music or meet up with your mates - time away from revision. It allows you to have something to look forward to amongst all the hard core revision you're doing. "YOU" Time could be a 30 minute break or a day out. Remember that you shouldn't do revision for hours on end as you'll forget everything! Remember to look after yourself.

I hope these 5 tips have helped. I will link some sites which I am finding really helpful for revision. Good Luck!

BBC Bitesize
gcsepod
Gojimo

Until Next Time xxx

instagram: @multicolouredmcvey
snapchat: multimcvey
email: toodarncute@outlook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment