Monday 4 April 2016

Weight Insecurities

So this is a topic which I have wanted to write about for a long time but haven't been sure how to try and tackle it. But today I'm just gonna let it flow out of my fingers and through the keyboard, reaching your screens right now! I hope to cover any questions you might have about your own weight or any questions you have generally.

Ever since Primary school I have been thin, and I mean thin! I used to be basically just bone and skin, very little muscle and hardly any "fat" (I hate calling it that it comes with so many negative connotations!). My weight never really bothered me until I reached sort of year 5 or year 6. People in my year used to come up to me saying "your like a stick" or "is there something wrong with you, why are you so thin?" and this hurt. Let me put this out there now I have no eating disorder and have never had anorexia. It bothered me, people coming up to me pointing out "flaws" (which I now know they are not) about my weight, my body.

This continued to affect me into secondary school. People saying "are you anorexic or something?" or "OMG you're so skinny go and eat something!". It made me think I used to think my weight was an issue, the fact that I was thin was bad! I noticed how if someone called someone else "fat" or "overweight" this was looked down upon in society (quite rightly!) but to point out that someone was thin and telling them to do something about it was okay. I will assure you know that I eat tonnes of food, I never used to understand why the food never really took an impact on me. I used to constantly weigh myself and i became so confused as to why my body was like this, and I hated it!

Then I found out I had a fast metabolism, this basically means that my body digests food incredibly fast. Meaning it has no time to take a real effect. This gave me an explanation as to why my body was this way. I currently weigh 91 pounds (114 pounds is the average for girls my age, 15).

I have to put it out there that this "average weight" is NOT the weight we should all be. We all have different body shapes and sizes, and all of us are beautiful just the way we are. If people at school or wherever are telling you what your weight should be or how you should look, ignore them. I cannot emphasise how important it is to be happy within your body. I have been in that position and I found myself an answer, as have many people. There are people out there who can help you if you aren't happy in your own skin. There are so many expectations of what teenage girls "should" look like, we don't have to follow this! Society is not that understanding of weight insecurities within girls and boys!

I am always here if you have any questions or you just need someone to talk to. You can always leave a comment or email me at: toodarncute@outlook.com

Remember, the number on the scales does not define who you are!
Until Next Time xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment