Friday 22 April 2016

STORY: Meeting The Vamps

Exciting post for you this weeks!!

So on the 5th December 2015,me and two very very good friends of mine ventured to Kingston to meet The Vamps! Yes, you read it right, THE VAMPS!

The event was at the Hippodrome in Kingston, so we left at about 4ish to drive to Kingston. The drive included singing the Wake Up Album which was incredibly fun. Every now and again it would hit us that we were on our way to meet our absolute favourites.

We arrived in Kingston, parked and grabbed some food. I seem to remember the kid in the sandwich shop with his Toys R Us bag (don't ask why I remember that). We walked for a couple of minutes and arrived at the Hippodrome. The queue outside was MASSIVE! So we hopped on the end and queued probably for an hour, but we were guaranteed to get in as we'd purchased tickets. We finally got in, we were like numbers 550 or something crazy like that (a lot of people before us!).

We entered and needed to find somewhere to stand to watch the small acoustic set, the main floor was filled and it seemed like we were going to end up with some crappy view, I'm only small. However, we managed to find a space round the side where we were close to the stage, like actually really close, except form the pole and speaker in front of us which, unfortunately, blocked our view of Tris. The boys came on and played a small acoustic set of 3 or 4 songs, and to be honest, it was magical. Thinking about it I get all emotional.

They finished the set and then it was time to meet them. They did it by what "raffle ticket" number you had. So as we were in the mid 500's we had a fair while to wait.The boys were upstairs on like a balcony so we could see their backs as they met others. We sat and jammed to their album which was playing for a while. At one point my friend shouted "DEAN!" and he turned around and we waved and he waved back so I will always treasure that moment with the camera man. Eventually they called our numbers and we queued up the stairs. As we got closer I was shaking like mad! And I mean like mad! I have been in love with these boys for like three years and they had made such a change to my life. Finally, I was about to meet them and they were all gonna sign my t-shirt.

We got there and it was over in a blur. I literally froze with all of them, only saying hi and asking for a picture. It was incredible and I cannot thank the boys enough for how happy they have made me over the last three years.
My friends and I may have had a tiny cry on the way back to the car. It hadn't really sunk in.

It was an incredible day and I pray to meet them again, and try not to freeze this time.
If you want to see some pictures let me know, and also if you want stories from the concerts I have been to.

Until Next Time xxx

insta: @multicolouredmcvey
snapchat: multimcvey
email: toodarncute@outlook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment