Sunday 11 October 2015

Being More Aware of Cancer

So this week something hit me, real hard (metaphorically speaking!). And I will try to discuss it the best I can here.
If any of you are big SprinkleOfGlitter fans you have probably seen one of her recent uploads - "My Pink Hair Story" and this is what hit me hard. (If you haven't seen it click the photo below)

In Louise's video she talks about why she died her hair pink and how Cancer took her mums life. I admire Louise for being able to post something like this on the Internet and stay so positive, but this isn't what hit me.
What hit me is that I will never never meet my Grandad. I never have, and I never will because he was also taken by Cancer. Family has such an effect on our lives and to never be able to meet one of them hurts, unexplainably. I will never hear my grandad's laugh, or see his smile, or give him a hug because the stupid disease thought it was okay to take him from me and my family. He died before I was born so I have never met him and I never will. But I'm not asking for your sympathy and there are many people out there just like me.
What I am asking is that you try and donate all you can to finding a cure for cancer. When my Grandad passed things were not as advanced as they are now and he would have more chance of surviving. So by donating you can help people like me, to no longer exist. Help find the cure to cancer!
Click here to donate

Until Next Time,
M xxx

Please leave comments below about what you want to read on this blog as each week my brain is being scoured for ideas, so comment below posts you wanna read and enjoy! x

No comments:

Post a Comment