Monday 26 October 2015

Comparing Yourself To Others

So when people compare themselves to others it really bugs me.
Everyone is different. Everyone has their own individual talents. Everyone has their own beauty. Everyone has their own intelligence. Not two people on this planet are the same. To compare yourself to someone as you view "better than you", in my eyes, is to disrespect yourself. Respecting ourselves can sometimes involve hard choices about what to do and what not to do. Respecting ourselves means to make the right decision for YOU.
I hate being compared to someone in a different class, or group. I am me. I do things my way. I can dance and sing at the same time; yes. I can do all of my chemical equations in physics; no. But that doesn't make me any less worth someone who can do all of their chemical equations in physics. But they probably can't sing and dance well. Every single one of us has different talents. We should not look down on ourselves because Paul in the other group can do something I can't.
Sheila at school said I'm uglier than her, don't listen to Sheila - you're beautiful.
Harry at my football club said I should go to a different team because I'm rubbish at dribbling - you go to whichever team you like, you're awesome.
We should not judge ourselves by listening to how other people compare us. We are all different and the sooner some people learn to accept that, the better.


" Be yourself, Everybody else is already taken "

- Oscar Wilde
You stay you because in my eyes, you're perfect
M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment